First Year Box Office Report

As we approach our one year anniversary on April 24th, 2016, we wanted to share with you some facts and figures! Our First Year Box Office Report is full of successes, disappointments, interesting patterns and even some surprises. With the Twilight being closed from May 2007 to April 2015, we didn’t quite know what to expect. The new Twilight Theatre is still in its infancy, but trends are starting to emerge. We hope your support and encouragement will continue so our services and programs can impact more lives of the people of Southwest Kansas.

 

TOTAL VISITORS (doesn’t include school events or rentals)
16,142 patrons

 

 Visitors by Day of the Week
• Friday 3,988
• Saturday 4,575
• Sunday 5,839
• Monday 265
• Wednesday 954
• Thursday 521

 

TOP 15 GROSSING FILMS in First Year Of Operations
1. Star Wars – The Force Awakens (4 weeks)
2. War Room (2 weeks)
3. Risen (2 weeks)
4. Jurassic World (2 weeks)
5. Woodlawn (1 week)
6. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (2 weeks)
7. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2 weeks)
8. Minions (1 week)
9. Inside Out (1 week)
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron (1 week)
11. Home (1 week)
12. The Intern (1 week)
13. Miracles From Heaven (1 week)
14. Kung Fu Panda 3 (1 week)
15. The Martian (1 week)

 

Box Office Dollars

Gross Revenue $100,428
Sales Tax -$7,068
Movie Studios License Fees -$46,050
Film Booking Fees -$2,000
Net Revenue $45,310

 

The Twilight keeps only 45% of your admission price. Ticket sales cover only 20% of annual operating expenses. To keep ticket prices low and affordable for Southwest Kansans of all income levels, the other 80% must be covered by sponsorships, donations, annual & youth memberships, concession & liquor sales, facility & equipment rentals, and advertising sales.

We are thrilled to report the Twilight welcomed 1,030 patrons* during the month of March.

 

Programming featured screenings of Deadpool, Gods of Egypt, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Race.  We experimented with streaming live sports events for a private rental; our technology set-up worked which opens up possibilities for the future.

 

Thank you to The Nerds of Greensburg, the McCarley Family, Clair Banta & Family, Gamble Farms, Heft & Sons and Kiowa County Junior High Impact for sponsoring films during the month of March! We encourage you to support the businesses and individuals who support the Twilight!

 

 

Did you know your ticket and concession purchases cover only 60% of the Twilight’s operating expenses? If you are interested in sponsoring a film or live event, please contact the Twilight at 620.723.1092. Underwriting programming is one of the best ways to ensure the Twilight is accessible to all members of our community, regardless of their financial situation. The other way we can keep prices low is by selling on-screen advertising. Please contact info@TwilightTheatre.org for current rates.

 

2016 Attendance
January 1 through March 31
3,539 patrons*

Opening April 24, 2015 through March 31, 2016
15,601*
*does not include school programs or rentals

 

Thank you to all those who have visited the Twilight this year!

X